No Child Left behind Act, stirred a very large controversy on local and political levels as well
Proposal for NCLB Reforms
Proposal for NCLB Reforms
1) Research question: Does the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act need reforms?
2) Working thesis: The NCLB Act has elicited a lot of controversy from local and political spheres owing to the differences in race and class in American public education arena, which have led to inequalities among students, economic and racial segregation in the metropolitans, as well as poor academic concern among the disadvantaged, including those students with learning disabilities.
3) Angle: Inequalities in education relay has been orchestrated especially because the NCLB Act ranks school in accordance to test score thresholds of pupils in every demographic group, thereby shadowing poorly performing schools that may be having the inferior infrastructure. Additionally, the act also places some pupils with disabilities in situations where they are anticipated to pass regular state assessments, as well as blaming schools and teacher when instances of failure occur.
1) Education cannot be effectively provided when instances of discrimination are evident in the public education system.
2) Many concerns have been put forth by the public, as well as researchers such as Helmet (2011), and Dee and Jacob (2011) among other experts, who increase validity and credibility in the research.
The audience will be school administrators, policy makers, as well as the general school fraternity.
Wait! No Child Left behind Act, stirred a very large controversy on local and political levels as well paper is just an example!
Research collected so far
I researched on how to eliminate inequalities in the public education sector, issuing test scores, as well as moves that can better the current educational practices.
B. Research to be collected
The research needs statistical data as evidence for inequalities based on test-score performance, as well as an analysis on funding and budgets directed for various schools.
I propose that public schools should be treated with equality regardless of the class and race, as well as equal funding irrespective of the performance. Also, specialised testing for students with disabilities should be implemented. On aspects of teaching infrastructure, equality should be observed; however, for those students with disabilities, additional resources are required to better their learning.
Dee, T. S., & Jacob, B. (2011). The impact of No Child Left Behind on student achievement. Journal of Policy Analysis and management, 30(3), 418-446.
Hemelt, S. W. (2011). Performance effects of failure to make Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP): Evidence from a regression discontinuity framework. Economics of Education review, 30(4), 702-723.
Subscribe and get the full version of the document nameUse our writing tools and essay examples to get your paper started AND finished.